IP address is a unique numeric address of your device connected to a network. It helps in recognising your device uniquely in connected network. Therefore, computer allows to transmit and receive data and information from and to your device. Other devices on a network can send info to your device via the help of IP address. Also IP is used for location addressing.
There are two types IPv4 ( Internet Protocol Version 4) and Ipv6 ( Internet Protocol Version 6 ). IPv4 use 32-bits number while new version Ipv6 use 128 bits number. You can also hide yours by using VPN or by using Proxy Server. Hiding your IP address lets you maintain your privacy and hide your geographical location but you can still be traced with other methods.
How to know your IP address?
For IOS / Android
- Open your settings app
- Tap on Wi-Fi.
- Tap on i button available on side of your connected network.
- Scroll below and you will find yours.
1. Using cmd
- Press windows logo and R key. Then you will be prompted to Run.
- Type cmd and then a console will appear.
- Type ipconfig and then you’ll find yours IPv4 and IPv6.
There are many websites which lets you know your IP address also it is the easiest way to know yours. Here are few list you can try.
3. Network Properties
Another way to know is by checking your hardware details although it seems geeky it’s easy to do.
- Left click on your wifi or lan icon near notification bar.
- Rigth click on your connected network and also click properties.
- Then scroll to the bottom and you will find the information about your device.
VPN provides an extra layer of protecion to your device however VPN can cost you some money. You can get free VPN that is fast and easy to use from here :
You can also use Windows built-in VPN for free also follow the link to know how to use Windows free VPN : https://www.fixinghub.com/free-windows-vpn/